The ATX TV Way
Season 13 May 30-June 2, 2024 Austin, Texas
We work hard to make sure that all ATX TV Events, including the Festival, are safe, respectful, inclusive, and fun environments for TV lovers from around the world. We know that y’all enjoying being a part of ATX TV because it’s an awesome, laid back community of TV nerds that feel truly at home at TV Camp.
To keep our TV Camp vibe, here’s our basic rule of engagement: Be cool.
When attending any ATX TV in person events, Panelists are TV fans just like you, watching and talking about their work and favorite shows with other TV fans. Feel free to chat with them about the series you just watched, or a series (other than theirs) that you like, but please don’t crowd or swarm. Remember to be cool and give ’em space!
In addition, don’t ask Panelists to sign an enormous stack of pictures or memorabilia. Even taking pictures should be kept at a minimum, if at all – we know it’s hard, but take a mental picture of the awesome moment in time y’all are having. Be present and resist the urge to give them your business card or a DVD of the latest project you produced or script you wrote. We want to make TV Camp as relaxed and fun for them as possible, so they come back!
We’d also like you to be cool while interacting with other folks at the festival. While you, our wonderful attendees, are overwhelmingly friendly, patient, and accommodating — we ask that regardless of how popular the event or how great the excitement, you treat your fellow festival-goers kindness. Same goes for our amazing ATX TV Volunteers – they’re TV fans just like you, and work incredibly hard to make your festival experience one to remember!
In addition, as we return to in person events, we want to acknowledge that while we all have a responsibility to our community, everyone has a different risk tolerance. Face masks are welcome, but are not required in all spaces. We would like to remind you to respect the decision of those who wear masks. Be cool, y’all.
ATX TV CODE OF CONDUCT
The ATX TV Code of Conduct applies to all ATX TV events, virtual and in person (including ATX TV Festival), all our physical venues, and anyone who engages with our social media channels or virtual spaces. All ATX TV participants, including but not limited to attendees, staff, panelists, press, vendors, and volunteers will be held to the same standards.
If you engage with anyone in a disrespectful or inappropriate manner, or do not adhere to our Code of Conduct, we reserve the right to immediately remove or ban you from any ATX TV event or platform, without refund (if applicable).
We do not tolerate harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Intimidation / threats
- Inappropriate disruption of events
- Hurtful language
- Physical assault of any kind
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwanted sexual attention
- Unwanted photography or video recording
Especially in connection to:
- Race or ethnicity
- National origin
- Gender identity or expression
- Sex or sexual orientation
- Disability, medical condition, or pregnancy
- Citizenship status
So here’s the deal:
- If you’re asked to stop any harassing behavior, stop it immediately.
- If you experience or witness any form of harassment at a physical event, contact the nearest Staff member or Venue Manager to address the situation. To file a formal complaint regarding a physical or virtual event, email [email protected] and provide detailed information about the situation and your contact info.
- If at any time you feel unsafe in your immediate situation, alert a Staff member or Venue Manager, move to a safe location, and dial 911.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please call 512-551-1330 or email [email protected].